Useful websites for investigating different careers:
National Careers Service
Investigate careers via the National Careers Services here.
NCS provides information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work.
- Skills health check - use their assessment to find out what kind of jobs could suit you and save your results.
- Find a course - look for courses and learning providers and save information about them.
- Contact an adviser - find out about the different ways to get in touch.
- Help to get a job - get advice on the different stages of a job hunt, including how to improve your interview technique and write an effective CV. You can get help to search for your first job, get back into work or change career direction.
Investigate careers via the Prospects here.
- Prospects guides millions of students to make the right career choices.
- Match your skills and personality to 400+ job profiles.
- Find and apply for work experience.
Learn more about Unifrog here.
Unifrog is an online careers platform designed to connect 11-18 year olds with their future career potential. It combines the most comprehensive source of information with a personalised experience and further education, higher education and career planning tools, helping our students to make more informed decisions about their future study and career options, as well as developing their employability.
- Personality and interest quizzes to guide pupils to further/higher education options and possible careers.
- Up to date information: engaging content on what to study, where to learn and the world of work.
- Further reading and links to content around hundreds of interest areas for pupils to explore.
- Personal area to save and record an online record of achievement to evidence skills for future applications and CVs.
- Create and save shortlists on further education & higher education options to stay in control of career planning.
Investigate careers via TARGET Careers here.
TARGET careers FUTUREWISE helps school leavers make decisions about their future. Explore options for careers, university or apprenticeships and get help applying successfully.