Higher Education & Careers
The vision of West London Free School is to give all students a classical liberal education, the aim of which is to produce confident, independent individuals capable of making informed judgements.
This includes decisions about their future education, training and careers.
Careers education is an essential part of the mission and ethos of our school, through which we aim to support the aspirations of all our pupils, ensuring that they gain the understanding, skills and experience they need to make progress and succeed in learning and work. Effective careers education and guidance not only contributes to the well-being of individuals, but also to the wellbeing of their families, the communities to which they belong, wider society, businesses and the economy.
Sixth Form Careers Education
Careers education in the Sixth Form takes place during form time and through subject lessons, guest speakers, events such as the Careers Fair and trips.
Our dedicated Head of Careers is Ms A. Allan firstname.lastname@example.org
The objective is to help students:
- Explore their post 18 options and develop a deeper understanding of their progression and career preferences
- Research and compare options, and make decisions based on personal suitability and the availability of these options
- Developing the skills needed to prepare for future employment
Our careers strategy is driven by these core documents:
- DfE: Careers Strategy: making the most everyone’s skills and talents released in December 2017 click here.
- DfE: Careers Guidance and access for education and training providers statutory guidance click here.
- The Gatsby Good Career Guidance Benchmarks click here.
- WLFS Provider Access Policy can be found here.