About Us: Our Vision
The West London Free School Sixth Form aims to be one of the best Sixth Forms in the country, renowned for academic excellence, high standards of behaviour and a wide choice of co-curriculum clubs in music and sport, providing all students with a Classical Liberal education, irrespective of their background.
Our Ethos : A Classical Liberal Education
By a Classical Liberal education, we mean a rigorous and extensive knowledge rich education that draws its material and methods from the best and most important work in both the humanities and the sciences. The aim of such an education is to prepare students to fully participate in conversations and debates about contemporary issues, as well as the universal questions that have been troubling mankind throughout history. We want students to leave our Sixth Form with the confidence that comes from possessing a treasure trove of essential knowledge, as well as a deep and lasting respect for reason, evidence, civility, honesty, kindness and the value of hard work and self-discipline.
- High aspirations, with a firm emphasis on academic achievement
- A drive to excel in all that we do
- A knowledge rich curriculum
- A commitment to civility, honesty, kindness, toleration, civic participation and self-discipline
- Teachers who are experts in their subjects, passionate about sharing that knowledge and committed to the school
- High standards of behaviour
- Outstanding pastoral care, with every student known to the staff by name
- A competitive atmosphere with bespoke student support
- Active parental and community involvement
- A broad range of after-school clubs and activities
- A commitment to the creative Arts
- A specialism in music.